Who wants to make Creamy Ice-Cream with Crushed Oreo? 😍
Over the weekend we hosted a special dinner for Shaun’s mom’s birthday.
I decided it was time to take out the ice cream maker, which I purchased last year from Yuppie Chef, but haven’t really had a chance to use.
It’s a Krups Ice Cream and Sorbet maker and its super easy to use. After leaving the ‘bowl’ in the freezer for 24 hours, you make your ice cream mixture and pour it into the frozen bowl, while the paddles stirs the mixture until it resembles ice cream. Has to be on of the best kitchen gadget purchases I have ever made!
Here’s the recipe for my Dairy-Free, Vegan Oreo Ice Cream. (Yup vegan, did you know Oreo’s are Vegan!?)
Creamy Ice-Cream with Crushed Oreo
- 2 x Cans of Coconut Cream, chilled overnight in the fridge
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 12 Oreo Cookies
- Put your Oreo cookies into a pestle and mortar and crush roughly, or chop on a board
- Whisk Coconut Cream, Coconut Sugar and Vanilla Essence in a bowl until all the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is frothy
- Pour this into the ice cream machine (The Krups one needs to be frozen for 24 hours before using)
- When the mixture has turned into ice cream (10 -15 minutes of churning), pour in the chopped up Oreo’s.
- Eat straight away or you can place into a container of your choice, to harden further in the freezer
I hope you enjoy this #Wonderfilled Treat