Sundays Breakfast is Pink Potatoes, roasted in Honey and Thyme, topped with a soft boiled egg. If you haven’t seen my post about Wesgrow’s Speciality Potatoes, then check it out here
This pink variant is named Magenta Love, has a pink skin and pale-pink flesh, with a silky smooth texture and a fresh, earthy taste.
The sweetness of the honey and the freshness of the thyme really help to elevate the taste of this variant and you can’t help but devour an entire bowl of these Unicorn Spuds.
- 10 Baby Magenta Love Wesgrow Potatoes
- Knob of butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 5 – 6 sprigs of Thyme
- 20 ml of Honey
- 2 Eggs
- Wash your potatoes and then cut into small cubes
- Fry cubes in butter on a medium heat for 15 minutes or until soft, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste
- When potatoes are soft, add in the sprigs of thyme and honey and let mixture coat potatoes. Switch of heat and leave a lid on the pan
- Boil your eggs – I boiled mine for 6 minutes for a soft egg. Remember to slowly lower the egg into the water, but ONLY when it’s boiling. Cool and peel your eggs
- Assemble potatoes and top with egg, season further if required and enjoy!