This recipe for no churn Creamy Watermelon Sorbet is so simple, I am almost embarrassed to post it! 😁 It’s watermelon season at the moment in South Africa and what better way to use that huge watermelon taking up space in your fridge than with an icy cool sorbet?
This sorbet is made using coconut milk, watermelon and vanilla and requires no churning (i.e no ice cream maker) – just a little bit of patience and time. This sorbet is vegan, yet creamy and smooth and very refreshing.
Why Coconut Milk?
Sorbet usually comprises of water, sugar and fruit, but I wanted to change things up slightly to give the sorbet more of a creamy consistency. Mostly because Watermelon is a very watery fruit, so I didnt think adding more water was a good idea. Partly because I had a can of coconut milk I had opened but had not used.
No Churn, Creamy Watermelon Sorbet
Creamy Watermelon Sorbet
- 1 can coconut milk not low fat
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- Blend all ingredients in a blender and transfer to loaf pan
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours and then remove
- Break frozen watermelon mixture into chunks and place back in the blender, untill a creamy consistency is reached.
- Place back in a loaf pan or container and then in freezer to firm up for about 30 minutes.
Did you make this Creamy Watermelon Sorbet? If so, tag me on Instagram!