Add some colour to your life with this Raw Beet & Chickpea Hummus dip – a healthy, creamy, and bright pink dip that’s as yummy to eat as it it to look at. Unlike regular dips, this one is free of cream and garlic, but still loaded with flavour from the chickpeas, lemon, beet and tahini.
You can spread it on sandwiches and wraps, on salads or as a dip for raw veggies, chips and crackers.
Beetroot and Chickpeas
I have started to reintroduce certain foods back into my diet (after following a strict FODMAP diet for IBS) and I have really started to enjoy eating beetroot and chickpeas again.
I eat these kinds of foods in moderation of course, and this Raw Beet & Chickpea Hummus Dip is perfect as a snack with some crackers.
Health Benefits of Beetroot
Beetroot contains powerful antioxidants, potassium, magnesium and iron and is known for increasing stamina and endurance during physical exercise. So, a perfect snack to eat before gym!
I decided not to roast the beetroot, because i didn’t want the dip to be too sweet, so instead, the beetroot is raw, but easily digestible for me because it gets blended. (Cheats Tip: I purchased a 100g packet of Julienne strips to make this recipe, so I didn’t have to get my hands red from beetroot juice)
The recipe for this Raw Beet & Chickpea Hummus Dip is incredibly quick and easy to make and has an amazing flavour, colour as well as the added health benefits.
Raw Beet & Chickpea Hummus Dip
- 100 g Raw Beetroot thinly sliced
- 1 can chickpeas brine drained
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 pinch coriander spice
- ` salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- It may be necessary to add a little bit more lemon juice if the consistency is slightly too dry. It should be thick and creamy, like traditional hummus.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and serve with crackers, veggie sticks or salad
- Serve with sesame seeds, more olive oil and coriander if you'd like