Here’s my recipe for a Super Green Potato Salad without the traditional Mayonnaise. Mayonnaise is delicious – but also super-super fattening because it’s loaded with hidden saturated fats, sugars and gluten and is High on the FODMAP chart.
It is hard to give up Potato Salad because it’s so DELICIOUS, but what about using avocado instead of Mayo? Vegan’s have been doing it forever!
Here’s a recipe for my simple Super Green Potato Salad, which uses creamy avocado as a dressing and Lemon Avocado Oil to emulsify. It’s also got some other ‘hidden’ green nutrition – pumpkin seeds and spinach. Let me know if you decide to make this version!
· 2 – 3 large potatoes or 7 baby potatoes
· 1 large, ripe Haas Avocado
· 2 handfuls of baby spinach
· Half a lemon
· 2 Tbsp Avocado Lemon Oil
· Fresh Parsley to taste
· Salt and Pepper to taste
· Pumpkin Seeds
1. Boil your potatoes until soft, remove from pot, cool and cut into quarters
2. In a separate bowl, remove avo from skin and mix very well with lemon juice, avocado oil and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
3. Rinse your spinach and slice finely into thin strips and mix this into the avo mixture
4. Add your cooled potatoes to the avo mixture
5. Season to taste, sprinkle with raw pumpkin seeds and add parsley if desired