Today’s recipe is for these Almond Flour Cookies, made with Honey Powder. First off, if you haven’t heard of it before, honey powder, like liquid honey, can be used as a sweetener or flavoring. In powder form, the consistency is much easier to maintain, making it perfect for dry rubs and cake, cookies or bread mixes.
Honey powder contains no artificial additives and provides the flavor characteristics of honey, but without the liquid.
I am working with Chayah Foods to create some awesome recipes for their new range of super food powders, which includes this honey powder, so I decided to bake some cookies with this magical stuff.
Mixing Almond Flour & Honey Powder
The recipe is very simple – I always use almond flour in my cookie recipes and this time all I did was substitute icing sugar with the powdered honey.
The cookies are nutty and rich, taste similar to shortbread, but with a sweet honey undertone.
The are gluten free and refined sugar free., but I did use butter because it helps the almond flour stick together and form biscuit shapes. I also added a dash of vanilla extract because it always makes baked goods taste yummy, but it’s optional.
The dough may seem very crumbly, but the more you work it in your hands the easier it becomes to work with.
My advice is to roll small pieces in your hand and then squish down on a greased baking tray with a fork, or you can use a cookie cutter like I did.
You wont be able to roll this dough with a rolling pin, but you can press it down firmly to create a round biscuit too.
Almond Flour Cookies with Honey Powder
- 100 g Almond Flour
- 3 tbsp Honey Powder Chayah Foods
- 3 tbsp Salted butter softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Mix all the ingredients together with a wooden spoon to forn a crumbly dough
- Now start to use your hands to help make the dough more pliable.
- Flatten balls of dough out with your hand (onto a separate piece of baking paper) and use a cookie cutter to cut shapes or a fork to just push down
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes and the cookies will harden