Chances are that if you are a popcorn fan, you love the sweet stickiness of caramel popcorn, too – think Diddle Daddle vibes.
Popcorn has always been my go to snack, plus, its naturally Gluten Free. So here’s a VERY simple Caramel Popcorn recipe to make at home that won’t take longer than 20 minutes (promise)
Enjoy this one,
- A very big bowl of Popcorn (I made mine on the stove as I don’t like the microwave versions)
- 80g butter
- 80g Muscovado sugar
- 2 TBSP Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pop your popcorn on the stove as you usually would.
- Then, pour popcorn into a big glass bowl
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter, sugar and maple syrup
- Microwave until it begins to bubble up (approximately 2 minutes)
- Remove from the microwave and stir in the baking soda, vanilla extract and salt and stir until the mixture is foamy and the soda is dissolved.
- Pour the syrup over the popped corn in the bowl and distribute throughout the corn.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir well again
- Pour out into a large tray or surface and cool, stirring occasionally to break into individual kernels
- Sprinkle more salt if desired and once cool, store in an airtight container for 4 days.