Jingle Bells! It’s 24 days to Christmas and I am going to try and post a recipe everyday, starting with these Gluten Free Christmas Cupcakes. They are relatively easy to make and are guaranteed to add some festive cheer to your Christmas lunch. ❄
A little back story to this challenge – I woke up on Thursday morning and had this bright idea to create 24 recipes. Only problem, there were a mere two days to go until December…
So, I have been flat out – baking and cooking up a storm (with many flops in between, check Instagram stories) and have only managed to complete 12 recipes.
I will have to create the rest as I go – so bare with me if I miss a post! 🤣
Some recipes will be on the blog and some will just be on Instagram, so keep following to see them all come to life.
Oh and Happy December beautiful people.
Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer
- Antlers – Snap a pretzel in half and insert each half into the reindeer’s head
- Body – pipe some chocolate buttercream icing with nozzle of your choice – I used a simple star nozzle, but you can get creative here
- Eyes and nose – pipe white eyes with white icing and red icing for a nose. You can also use sweets if easier.
Oh Christmas Tree
- I purchased these little stars from Bakers Bin in Heathway and used them as the cupcake topper
- Pipe green frosting with a star shaped nozzle, starting from the outside of the cupcake and working your way in
- Sprinkle gold stars to decorate your tree – these gold stars are from Woolworths.
- Pipe chocolate icing onto the cupcake – again I used a star nozzle
- Bakers Bin has these beautiful Snowflake toppers too. They are a simple way to make a cupcake festive for the Christmas table ❄
- I sprinkled some silver shimmer dust to give the cupcake a snowy look
Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 cup Castor sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Woolworths Gluten Free Cake Flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/3 tsp Baking Powder (not soda)
- 1/2 cup Milk can also use almond milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essense
- 280 g butter room temp
- 560 g Icing Sugar sifted
- 5 ml Milk
- Preheat oven to 180C, line cupcake pan with cupcake wrappers 2. In a mixing bowl, whisk oil and sugar. Add eggs and beat for one minute. 3. Add flour, salt, baking powder, milk and vanilla and beat for another minute 4. Spoon batter into cupcake wrappers (only filling halfway) and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until cupcakes are lightly browned5. Cool completely before frosting
For the buttercream
- Beat butter until light and creamy 2. Then add in half the icing sugar and mix till combined. 3. Now add the milk and the other half of icing powder and mix till combined 4. Divide your icing into separate bowls and mix in a few drops of food colouring according to what design you'd like to make. For chocolate - just add a few tsp of cocoa powder. 5. Fill your icing into piping bags and get decorating!
Happy Baking ✌