I made it through the Gut Cleanse week and I am feeling pretty chuffed with myself – and so should you if you were cleansing with me. 😁
So in the spirit of keeping things clean – I came up with a new recipe for a healthy Gluten Free Seed Bread yesterday…
So, you know that meme – ‘You don’t go to Dischem knowing what you need, Dischem tells you what you need”?
I went into Dischem for a tweezer and came out with Ultimate 4-Seed Mix, Gluten Free Oats and Psyllium Husks. Random selection I know, but I had an idea while I was standing in the isle. Why not use seeds to create a Gluten Free bread?
So, the resultant seed bread is:
- Dense and very filling
- High in protein and fibre (because of all the nuts and seeds)
- Easily Digestible (because of the psyllium husks)
- Gluten free
- Vegan (if you use the maple syrup and not honey)
- Dairy Free
Please let me know if you make it and have a lovely week!
Ultimate 4-Seed GF Bread
- 1 cup Ultimate 4 Seed Mix (Dischem)
- 50g Hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 Cups Gluten Free Oats
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 tbsp of Psyllium Husks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup or Honey
- 3 tbsp Organic coconut oil
- 1 1/2 Cups of warm water (not hot)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together
- Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together for 20 seconds in the microwave and mix well into the dry mixture
- Stir in the warm water and then spoon the mixture into a greased loaf pan (I used the silicone pan pictured below)
- Rest bread for an hour – the psyllium starts to get a sticky texture and helps bind the ingredients together
5. Bake at 180 for 25 minutes. Then remove from pan and place on wire rack in oven (top down) to bake for a further 25 minutes.
6. Serve with butter of my personal favourite – Peanut Butter and Jam!