Today I wanted to share a recipe that Shaun’s mom passed on to me – 4-Seed Parmesan Crackers. These are great to make in advance and keep in an airtight container, and they stay fresh for two to three weeks, so you will have a decent amount to snack on.
And considering most of these crackers cost a fortune at the shops, this recipe is one I am sure to hold on to!
These 4-Seed Parmesan Crackers are sugar, gluten and dairy free.
I am also sharing my recipe for FODMAP friendly Hummus, which doesn’t contain any garlic. (Garlic is HIGH Fodmap and not good for your tummy – also I think it reeks haha)
- 55g Chia Seeds
- 175ml water
- 125g cooked Quinoa
- 50g Pumpkin Seeds
- 50g Sesame Seeds
- 50ml Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In a medium bowl, add the chia seeds and water. Mix until well combined then let stand for 5 minutes until a jelly like texture is reached.
- In a large bowl add the quinoa, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, and chia seed mixture. Transfer the mixture onto a baking sheet and spread into an even layer
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven then cut into squares. Carefully flip each cracker and bake for a further 25 minutes, or until the crackers are dry.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes, store in an airtight container
How To Video:
FODMAP Friendly Hummus
Blitz 1 can of chickpeas, (brine drained) with the juice of 1 lemon, 3 Tbs of Tahini, 1Tbs of Cumin, 15ml of water, 1tsp salt. Sprinkle Paprika on top for taste.
Dip your crackers and enjoy!