Stop the Press, I made a Gluten Free Oreo Cheesecake using these Woolworths GF Sandwich Cookies which I personally feel are better than Oreos!
They have a thick vanilla bean center which is utterly delicious and a crisp choc cookie. Have you tried them yet?
Here’s how to make this Gluten Free Oreo Cheesecake.
I used much less sugar than usual Cheesecake recipes as I really don’t like super sweet desserts.
This cake is DEFINITELY not low in calories though, so don’t let the gluten free, low sugar description confuse you.
Cream Cheese must be full fat, don’t even bother with low fat puuulease.
Here we go:
GLUTEN FREE OREO CHEESECAKE:
For for Crust:
24 Gluten Free Choc Sandwich Cookies from @woolworths_sa , filling removed & kept aside
80g butter, melted
500g Full Fat cream cheese (I used @lancewood.co.za )
50g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2½ cups whipping cream (I used the @woolworths_sa )
1 cup icing sugar
7 Sandwich cookies, crushed & fillings removed
6 or 7 cookies for decorating, optional
How to Make the Crust:
1. Add 24 Cookies (filling removed and set aside) to a food processor & process until finely crushed.
2. In a large bowl, add the crushed cookies & the melted butter. Stir to combine.
3. Spoon cookie mixture into the bottom of a prepared 9-inch 20 or 22cm springform pan & press into the bottom to make base. chill in fridge.
How to Make Filling:
4. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese until light & fluffy (can use a whisk)
5. Add in the caster sugar, vanilla, & reserved cookie filling.
6. In a separate bowl, whip the cream till thick, add icing sugar, beat until stiff peaks form. Keep at least 3/4 cup of this cream to pipe little rosettes on cake at end.
7. Fold half cup of whipped cream mixture and crushed Oreos (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish) into the cream cheese. Pour mixture on top of the Oreo Crust and spread evenly.
8. Pipe rosettes with the remainder cream if desired.
9. Place in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
10. The next day, decorate with crushed & full cookies if desired
11. Can be kept in fridge for a day or two, would advise freezing this cake & slicing when needed.