We are 10 recipes into 24 Days of Christmas and today’s creation is a healthy Pomegranate, Feta and Rocket Salad. Serve this salad as a side to your main dishes and you will keep the vegetarians happy and probably delight the meat eaters too.
Let’s also take a minute to get excited about the fact that the holidays are almost here! Where are you headed off to this December? Or are you having a staycation? Either way, it’s exciting to know that Christmas is almost here!
Ok, time for the recipe 😅
What’s in the bowl?
This Pomegranate, Feta and Rocket Salad is bright and light, gets some spice from the rocket leaves and is sweetened out by the tart pomegranate seeds and watermelon. It is of course, gluten free, and is high in protein because of the quinoa. The avo and feta cheese give the salad creaminess and the dressing is a simple one – made from maple syrup, olive oil and balsamic.
Finally a sprinkling of seasoned walnuts and peanuts give the salad a final crunch element.
You can plate the Pomegranate, Feta and Rocket Salad however you like – I choose a bigger flat plate so as not to crowd a bowl.
Pomegranate, Feta and Rocket Salad
- 80 g rocket washed
- 10 - 15 watermelon balled or cut into squares
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked and cooled
- 1 avo ripe
- 2 Feta rounds
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cucumber skins removed, diced
- 50 ml Olive oil
- 10 ml Maple Syrup
- 10 ml Balsamic
- 1 handful walnuts , peanuts mixed
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place cooked quinoa on a flat plate and top with rocket, watermelon, avo, feta, cucumber and pomegranate
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, balsamic and maple syrup and once combined, drizzle over salad
- Top with avocado as well as the walnuts and peanuts and serve
Follow me on Instagram for all the 24 Days of Christmas recipes. ✌