Today I am serving up these Gluten-Free Fudgy Brownies! You can top these with any chocolate you like – I used M&M’s this time – so that kind of makes them double chocolate right?
If you ever really needed a reason to look forward to the weekend then this is it – Saturday the 7th of July is #WorldChocolateDay – an entire day dedicated to the greatest food ever invented.
Let’s face it; life would be bitter without chocolate. You reach for something chocolatey when you are happy and want to treat yourself, or even if you are feeling sad and looking for a comforting snack. Chocolate is the one thing you can always count on to make you feel better.
If you are looking for an easy, gluten-free chocolatey dessert to make this weekend, then say hello to this recipe to make Gluten-Free, Fudgy Brownies.
Gluten Free Fudgy Brownies
- 1 1/3 cups Caster Sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup very good quality cocoa powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 21/2 tablespoons coconut oil melted but not hot
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 3 large eggs
- 2 packets of M&M's or Astros
For the Fudgy frosting:
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C and line a 20cmx20cm pan with baking paper. You need two bowls for this recipe.
- In one bowl stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside
- In the second bowl, stir together the melted coconut oil, vanilla and eggs. Stir until combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and stir until combined, ensuring not to overmix
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 16-20 minutes or until the brownies appear set in the middle, with a little bit of a gooey appearance
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan and then prepare the frosting
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, mix together all the frosting ingredients and stir until melted and completely smooth
- Let cool for about 20 minutes and then pour over the brownies.
- Then sprinkle one type of M&M’s on one side and the other type on the other side.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator and chill for 1-2 hours or until the frosting is firm and cut into squares