It is the last Monday of January and while everyone waits in anticipation for payday, I have a budget friendly breakfast idea that is easy on the pocket and healthy too – Pear Cinnamon and Maple Overnight Oats.
Have you ever tried Overnight Oats before?
The idea is very simple – oats are soaked in flavourings, milk, milk alternative or juice overnight and you eat them chilled with any extra toppings that you like. They are foolproof to make and are a great time saver – make them the night before and grab them to go as you head out.
The Pear, Cinnamon and Maple Overnight Oats
These Overnight Oats are topped with caramelised pear slices, which have been drizzled in maple, sprinkled in cinnamon and slowly baked in the oven. If you are short on time, you could even toast pear slices in a pan with maple / honey and cinnamon.
The oats are gluten free and are soaked overnight in almond milk, cinnamon, maple syrup and a few raisins. If you don’t have pears you can use any other fruit you may have on hand – including banana, apple and strawberries. You can also swop the maple for honey and even the almond milk for cow’s milk – the choice is yours .
In terms of consistency – I don’t like my oats to be too thick, so I added more almond milk than one usually would.
Enjoy making these and hooray for the last monday of Janu-worry!
Pear, Cinnamon and Maple Overnight Oats
- 1 cup Gluten Free Oats
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2 TBS Maple Syrup
- 2 TBS Cinnamon
- 1 pear
- 1 handful of raisins
- In a container, pour in the cup of oats, almond milk, 1 tbsp. maple syrup, raisins and 1 tbsp of cinnamon. Mix gently until combined – do not overmix. Let soak overnight in fridge.
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- On a baking tray, place a sheet of baking paper
- Slice half your pear thinly and the other half into little cubes and place on baking sheet. Pour over a tbsp. of maple syrup and a tbsp. of cinnamon
- Bake for 1 hour until nice and golden / soft (not crispy). Leave in oven overnight.
- In the morning, remove oats from fridge and place into two separate bowls. Add more almond milk until you get the consistency you like
- Place the pear pieces on the oats and serve!
Follow me on Instagram for more.