This Quinoa Salad with Honey & Mustard Roasted Vegetables is a perfect meatless main dish or side dish. It is loaded with veggies that have been roasted in Ina Paarman’s Honey & Mustard Coat and Cook Sauce and is served over a bed of warm quinoa.
Ina Paarman’s Coat and Cook sauces are usually used for meat and fish dishes, by I decided to use the Honey and Mustard sauce on a tray of roasted veggies for my second recipe.
Roasting the Veggies
Roasted vegetables are good any time of the year, but I think they are especially delicious during colder winter months. Between the gorgeous, slightly browned veggies, the hint of sweetness from the honey and all that extra flavour from the mustard, your family will love this roasted vegetable dish.
I know eating a bowl of roasted veggies does not necessarily equal a meal, so I added my favourite protein and carbohydrate ingredient – Quinoa.
Quinoa is a complete protein, so if you prefer to get most of your protein from plant-based sources, then quinoa is a great choice. Quinoa is also gluten-free, lower in carbohydrates and calories than rice and high in iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, calcium, and potassium.
Quinoa can be bland, so I cooked it in a sachet of Ina Paarman’s vegetable stock, which is a great way to ensure that you incorporate flavour into the grains. Once the quinoa is cooked, there is no need to season further.
Tips for the Quinoa Salad with Honey & Mustard Roasted Vegetables
- Add the honey mustard during the last 5- 10 minutes of roasting
- Ensure all the vegetables and potatoes are nice and browned before adding the sauce
- Top the salad with seeds, avocado or rocket if desired
- If you want to make a bigger portion that serves four, simply double the recipe
- Store in an airtight container and it should keep for at least three days
- Make a big batch in advance on a Sunday for a Meat Free Monday dinner
Quinoa Salad with Honey & Mustard Roasted Vegetables
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 Ina Paarman Vegetable Stock sachet
- 250 g Butternut
- 5 Baby Marrows
- 200 g Rosa Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp oregano
- 100 ml Honey & Mustard Coat and Cook Sauce
- Over a medium heat in a small saucepan, boil Quinoa in 1 cup of water and stock until cooked; add more of the water if the quinoa dries up too quickly
- Preheat oven to 220C and lightly grease a large baking tray, set aside
- Chop up all veggies, place in baking pan and season with the salt, pepper and oregano
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until slightly browned
- Remove veggies from the oven just before they are completely cooked and coat in half a packet (100mof Ina Paarman Honey and Mustard sauce
- Set the oven to grill and let the veggies caramelise for about five minutes
- Remove the pan from the oven, add the quinoa to the vegetables, and stir until combined
- Serve warm or wait until the salad has cooled to room temperature
- Top with slices of avocado and sprigs of rocket if desired
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Ina Paarman’s.