Make Easy DIY Rope Coasters
- Hot glue gun and Glue sticks OR 1 Tube of glue, like Bostik
- Approximately 2 meters cord or rope for each coaster
- A pair of scissors
- Clear sticky tape
Step by Step Instructions
- Cut the one end of the cord at an angle and put a drop of glue, using your glue gun on the end.
- Wait a few seconds for the glue to cool and spread it on the end to prevent the rope from fraying. (you can also make use of some sellotape instead)
- Put another drop of glue on the same end and fold it over onto the cord to start a coil.
- Keep on putting a thin stripe of glue on the cord and carry on rolling the rope in a coil. This can be messy so I found it easier to do a few rotations and let it dry.
5. Keep doing this until you reach the desired size. When you get to the size you want, cut the cord at an angle.
6. Put a drop of glue on the end to prevent fraying and then secure it to the coil or wrap sellotape around the end piece to finish.
EXPERT TIP: For added rigidity, you can glue the final place-mat onto a thin piece of MDF to make stronger Rope Coasters.
Pin these Easy DIY Rope Coasters to make later! 📌
DIY by Lauren Kim Photography.