I made this gluten-free 5 Minute Amarula Mug Cake in celebration of @amarula_official hosting a global live Instagram event with different foodies across the world during lockdown.
During the Instagram Live, Amarula visited South Africa, Germany, UK, Brazil, Canada & the US, with foodies from each country showing the making of an Amarula drink or dessert.
I decided to make these decadent and easy chocolate mug cake, which is gluten-free and soaked in Amarula sauce.
Here is my recipe for a 5 Minute Amarula Mug Cake which can be made with our without Amarula (because lockdown vibes 😅)
Enjoy making it!
5 Minute Amarula Mug Cake
- sauce pan
- measuring cups
For Pouring Sauce
- 1/4 cup Amarula or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp water
For Mug Cake
- 1/4 Almond flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp Amarula or 1tsp milk
- 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup
To make the sauce:
- Over a low heat simmer ¼ cup Amarula OR ¼ cup coconut milk, 1 tbsp of butter, pinch of cinnamon & ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Now mix ½ tsp of cornflour with a 1tsp of cold water. When this paste is smooth, add to the warm sauce & stir.
- Turn up heat and as soon as it boils, switch off. Set aside.
To make the Mug Cake:
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup almond flour, 2 tbsp. cocoa powder, 1 egg, 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp of milk OR 1tsp Amarula & 2 tbsp. agave OR maple syrup.
- Microwave for 1.30sec – 2 minutes, making sure to stop the microwave each time the mug cake looks like it may overflow
- Pour over the sauce & enjoy!
This post is proudly sponsored by Amarula.