This Chocolate Mousse using Avo is a firm favourite at parties and lunches and the reason I love it is that it’s rich and chocolatey and best of all – it contains NO dairy.
It uses Avo’s. Yup!
Chocolate Mousse using Avo
Difficulty: Easy Peasy
- 150g dark chocolate, plus extra for serving (Dairy-Free if you are full-on lactose intolerant)
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 x 160 g tin of coconut cream
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Make sure the base doesn’t touch the water
- Break the chocolate into the bowl and allow it to melt, then set aside to cool slightly
- Meanwhile, halve and remove the avocado pip, then scoop the flesh into a blender, nutribullet or food processor, discarding the skins.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse for a few seconds. Scrape down the sides with a spatula, then pulse again to combine
- Pour in the cooled chocolate, then pulse a final time until creamy and smooth.
- Divide the mixture between small ramekins or glasses, then pop in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with an extra grating of chocolate, strawberries of a fresh fruit salad.