Very occasionally on my LOW FODMAP diet, I allow myself to eat a small amount of cream cheese, so I decided to make these Dark Chocolate Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting.
I believe in eating everything in moderation, so when I do eat something decadent, I want it to be the real deal and Philly Cheese delivers – it’s creamy, full fat and non-grainy, so it’s perfect for whipping up cream cheese frosting – which is exactly what I did.
I try not to be too ‘naughty’ when I indulge, so I came up with a recipe for these GLUTEN FREE Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Almond Cookies, topped with the Philly Cream Cheese Frosting.
They are fairly easy to make and they really shouldn’t take longer than an hour or so to put together. Enjoy creating these and if you do use the recipe please tag me on Instagram.
You can also Say Hello to Philadelphia Cream Cheese on their Facebook and Instagram and tag your creations with #ItMustBethePhilly
Ingredients for the Cookie:
- 1 cup Ground Almonds
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Sugar or White Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Cocoa Powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 Extra Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
Ingredients For Icing:
- 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup of Icing Sugar
- 5 ml of Milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Whisk wet ingredients and then add to dry
- Stir the mixture with a spoon and it will form a sticky wet dough
- Chill in the fridge for 30 min
- Remove from fridge and roll small balls of dough in your hand and press down onto the pan to form +-12 cookies
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes and leave on the pan until completely cooled
- To make the frosting, whip room temperature cream cheese with milk until smooth and then add the icing and whisk until smooth.
- Place into a piping bag to ice, or frost the cookies by spreading cream cheese frosting with a knife
- Serve and Enjoy! (Will keep for 2 – 3 days in a sealed airtight container)