Today I wanted to share a recipe that Shaun’s mom passed on to me – 4-Seed Parmesan Crackers and Homemade Hummus. These are great to make in advance and keep in an airtight container, and they stay fresh for two to three weeks, so you will have a decent amount to snack on.
And considering most of these crackers cost a fortune at the shops, this recipe is one I am sure to hold on to!
These 4-Seed Parmesan Crackers are sugar, gluten and dairy-free.
I am also sharing my recipe for FODMAP friendly Hummus, which doesn’t contain any garlic. (Garlic is HIGH Fodmap and not good for your tummy – also I think it reeks ha-ha)
4-Seed Parmesan Crackers and Homemade Hummus
- 55g Chia Seeds
- 175ml water
- 125g cooked Quinoa
- 50g Pumpkin Seeds
- 50g Sesame Seeds
- 50ml Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- In a medium bowl, add the chia seeds and water. Mix until well combined then let stand for 5 minutes until a jelly-like texture is reached.
- In a large bowl add the quinoa, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, and chia seed mixture. Transfer the mixture onto a baking sheet and spread into an even layer
- Bake for 30 minutes, then remove from oven then cut into squares. Carefully flip each cracker and bake for a further 25 minutes, or until the crackers are dry.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes, store in an airtight container
How To Video:
FODMAP Friendly Hummus
Blitz 1 can of chickpeas, (brine drained) with the juice of 1 lemon, 3 Tbs of Tahini, 1Tbs of Cumin, 15ml of water, 1tsp salt. Sprinkle Paprika on top for taste.
Dip your crackers and enjoy!