Dark Chocolate & Coconut Bites are a chocolatey, coconuty morsels are a FODMAP friendly treat that you can enjoy guilt free. Plus, I am sure I don’t need to tell you that dark chocolate is ridiculously good for you right? Its a superfood!
Dark Chocolate & Coconut Bites
Makes about 8 – 10 bites.
- 21/2 cups of Desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbs Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 100 or so grams of Dark Chocolate – I used my Lindt Bunny
- Blitz the Desiccated coconut in a blender or food processor for 20 seconds. Transfer to a bowl and add the coconut sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla and stir until well combined
- Using your hands, squeeze the mixture into about small balls. I promise you – they are going to feel like they are falling apart, but squeeze them very firmly and you will be able to shape them from an oval shape into a round ball.
- Place the coconut bites in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until firm. Remove from Fridge.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Spike your bites with a toothpick and dip them into the chocolate until they are coated.
Gently nudge the chocolate covered bite off the toothpick and onto wax paper and chill until the chocolate has hardened.
Store in the refrigerator and enjoy whenever you need a treat!