Today’s the 13th Day of Christmas – so let’s celebrate and learn how to make a Malfy Gin Cocktail. 😍 A few weeks ago, I attended the Mama Meet Up at Craft Cartel, hosted by Tanya of Rattle and Mum and Sarah from Mascara and Mimosas. It was an awesome evening with the ladies and I left feeling fuelled with ginspiration for the blog.
Craft Cartel – Gin Heaven
Craft Cartel is a boutique liquor store in Illovo, designed to showcase local and international craft brands in an environment that compliments the bespoke nature of Craft drinks. They also have the BIGGEST selection of gin in South Africa. 😲 If you are looking for a boozy gift this Christmas I highly recommend popping in here.
On to the Malfy Gin Cocktail
This Malfy Gin Cocktail is super easy to make and does not involve any fancy bar skills. Plus it serves two people, so you get to impress a friend. It uses Malfy Rosa Gin, Fever Tree, Aromatic Tonic Water, Sam Sam But Different Gin Tea Bag Botanicals and Pomegranate.
In case you have never heard of Gin Tea Bags, they are the brainchild of Sam from Sam Sam but Different blog. Each tea bag is hand-filled with select botanicals that are distilled within the gin of your choice. To use, you simply add a G&T bag to your glass, pour over your gin and allow those flavours to get acquainted. Very cool concept, makes a unique gift and I love to support female entrepreneurs!
I selected to use the Malfy Gin Rosa for this cocktail, which key botanicals are Pink Grapefruit and rhubarb. I complemented these flavours with Pomegranate for some sweetness and the pink Fever Tree tonic water. It is a refreshingly delicious combination, best served over crushed ice. I found the longer I left the gin tea bag in, the more intensified the grapefruit flavour of the gin became. I hope you enjoy making this yummy cocktail this December.
Malfy Gin Pomegranate Cocktail
- 2 shots Malfy Gin Rosa
- 1 bottle Fever Tree Tonic Pink aromatic
- 1/2 cup Pomegrante deseeded
- 1 cup crushed ice halved per glass
- 2 Sam Sam But Different Gin Tea Bags
- Crush your ice and pour into two glasses
- Pour over a shot of Malfy Gin per glass
- Pour in your Fever Tree tonic water and stir
- Place a Sam Sam But Different Gin Tea Bag into each glass and let it steep for as long as you'd like
- Place your pomegranates in a small bowl and using the back of a spoon crush a few seeds to release their juice. Then add half to each glass and stir.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Check out my Instagram for all 24 Days of Christmas Recipes. 🥂