Hello I am baaaack and baking again after a week away from JHB in the Kruger.
On our way back, we stopped at Joubert and Sons, a farm stall on the N4 in Schoemanskloof. This place is fruit heaven – there is an assortment of citrus and other fruits available and we bought bags and bags of oranges and grapefruit and some other goodies – but more and that soon.
We also got a punnet of blueberries which is why I decided to make these Gluten Free Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins.
Using Coconut Flour is always a risk because of how temperamental it can be – use too much and you end up with a dry, rock hard cake and a batter so stiff it could be used as cement.
I messed this batch up once last night and then tweaked again this morning by adding more butter. This recipe makes 6 muffins, but you can double ingredients to make more.
Enjoy making these and please tag me if you do.
INGREDIENTS (6 Muffins)
- 1/4 cup Sifted coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dessicated coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter or melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons creamed honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries that you have washed and dried
- Preheat the oven to 200°c and line a muffin pan with 6 muffin cups
- Sift together the coconut flour and baking powder, and mix until well blended.
- Whisk together the eggs, butter, honey, salt, and vanilla until light and fluffy – you need to incorporate air in this step of the recipe
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and fold the blueberries into the batter until evenly incorporated
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each about half full
- Bake the muffins for about 16 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Cool in the pan, then transfer to a rack to cool
- Serve immediately or keep in an airtight container until you eat these