Today’s post is a recipe for another gluten free, healthier Banana Bread that is also free of refined sugar. I used Rice Flour in this recipe as it has a very neutral taste and it is a lot easier to bake with than coconut flour. (The most absorbent flour known to man🙃)
Banana bread is one of those classic, comfort food recipes that fills the whole house with a delicious scent when baked.
To get the right flavour for this Gluten Free Healthier Banana Bread, you will need to use very ripe bananas – you know the ones that have lots of black speckles and are very soft to the touch.
The rule of thumb is simple – the riper the banana the better!
What makes this banana bread healthier?
- This banana bread recipe is made from rice flour, unlike traditional banana bread recipes that call for refined flour
- This banana bread is naturally sweetened with coconut sugar
- Lastly, this recipe uses coconut oil or sunflower oil, making it dairy free too
Bon Appetit friends!
Gluten Free Banana Bread
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs extra large
- 4 bananas very ripe
- 1 small banana ripe
- 1/3 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 3/4 cups Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Heat oven to 180°C. Grease bottom only of a loaf pan.
- In large bowl, beat coconut sugar and coconut oil together with a whisk until light. Add eggs; beat well. Mash bananas into this mixture with almond / coconut milk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and xanthan gum until combined but do not over mix. Pour into pan. Slice the extra banana, and place on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on cooling rack.
- Loosen sides; remove from pan, and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool before slicing.
- You can use coconut oil or vegetable oil
- The riper your bananas the better
Tag me on Instagram if you try any of my recipes 😎