We are about to head to the Kruger on Tuesday and I am soooo excited to defrost from the freezing Jozi for a few days.
The only thing I don’t like about the Kruger is how much snacks I can consume while we are out on game drives.
I am a grazer and I eat small meals throughout the day, so this time I have made sure to pack as many healthy snacks as I can – raw nuts, dried fruit, pop chips and these Berry Bliss Protein Balls.
They take about 10 – 15 minutes to make and are not only delicious and full of protein, but they are also free of gluten, dairy and refined sugar.
Also, they save you buying the ones at the shop that are wrapped in plastic.
Let me know if you make these, or any of my other recipes by tagging me on Instagram.
Have a good week!
- 100g Raw Cashew Nuts
- 1 Cup of Dessicated Coconut
- 1/2 Cup of Frozen Mixed Berries (I used a combo of blueberries, raspberries and strawberries)
- 1 Big Tablespoon of Runny Honey
- 2 Tsp of Flax Seeds
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz until mixture is broken down and is sticking together
- Take small handfuls of the mixture and roll into small bite size balls with some more dessicated coconut in your hands to help you shape nicely
- Place Bliss Balls on a plate in the fridge to harden