A recipe to make Butter Cauliflower in an Instant Pot, that tastes just like a Butter Chicken, but with Cauliflower and Potato instead. This recipe can be made in your Instant Pot in under 15 minutes. (5 minutes for rice and 10 minutes for the veggies).
To make this Butter Cauliflower recipe, I used Basmati Rice, Baby Potatoes, cauliflower, spices, canned tomato, vegetable stock and coconut cream.
What is an Instant Pot?
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you must have heard of the Instant Pot. My Instagram and Pinterest timeline has almost always got somebody raving over this pot and how it changed their lives in the kitchen.
Instant Pot is the most popular multi-cooker brand in the world and has tons of functions, including pressure-cooking, slow cooking, yoghurt making, bread making, rice cooking, steaming, warming, and sautéing.
It really is an all in one appliance that helps accelerate the cooking process.
They are a cult favourite with moms, with many posting their go-to “dump and go” recipes. (Meaning: add everything to the pot, set the timer and go do a million other things without worrying about your food burning)
Is the Instant Pot dangerous?
I am not going to lie, I am also scared of pressure cookers, and we have all heard horror stories at some point in our lives of these pots exploding. But rest assured, an Instant Pot is comprised of an outer pot (or base), a stainless steel inner pot, and a lid, all of which have plenty of safety mechanisms built-in so that you don’t need to worry about them being dangerous.
To release the pressure post-cooking, you can either use the quick release feature, which ejects steam from the pot quickly (typically over 1-2 minutes), or a natural release, which lets out steam over time. Your recipe will often indicate whether you should use quick or natural release.
Ok let’s make Butter Cauliflower in an Instant Pot
This recipe has 2 steps – the first to cook your Basmati rice and remove and the second to cook all your veggies in the butter sauce.
Once everything is cooked, assemble the bowls and you can top with fresh coriander, chives and more coconut cream.
Time for the recipe.
Make Butter Cauliflower in an Instant Pot
- Instant Pot
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or Butter
- 1/3 cup spring onions green part only
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 500g head cauliflower cut into florets
- 4 baby potatoes
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup coriander / Chives freshly chopped
- Wash basmati rice until the water runs clear. Add 1 cup of cold water and 1 cup of rice to the instant pot. Start the instant pot in manual or pressure cook mode for 4 minutes at high pressure with vent in sealing position. When the instant pot beeps, do 5 minutes natural pressure release,(release the pressure manually 5 minutes after the instant pot beeps.) Fluff the rice with a fork. Remove from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in Instant Pot using the saute function. Add spring onions, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in ginger, all the spices, tomato paste, canned tomatoes, vegetable stock cube, 1 1/2 cups of hot water, potatoes and cauliflower.
- Stir everything together then put the Instant Pot lid on and select 'Pressure Cook' - and add 10 minutes. Once the Instant Pot beeps, release the steam. When the pot has released all the steam (and the float valve is down) you can safetly remove the lid.
- Stir in 1/2 can of coconut cream, salt and pepper (according to taste) and 1 tsp of sugar.
- Serve immediately with rice, top with more coconut cream and the fresh herbs if desired.
Make Butter Cauliflower in an Instant Pot recipe proudly sponsored by Instant Pot
Follow me on Instagram here.