It’s Friday, and I am serving up this Gluten, Dairy Free and Vegetarian Pasta Dish, that’s super easy to make and is easy on the pocket and the stomach.
If you aren’t dairy sensitive, just swop the milk alternative for cream or milk.
This recipe uses the natural creamy texture of Butternut to coat and bring flavour to the pasta shells.
1 x Whole Butternut
180 ml of Almond Milk or Coconut Milk (you can also use cows milk or cream)
2 cups of Gluten Free Pasta – This ones called Glutagon
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Small handful of fresh sage
15 ml of coconut oil or vegetable oil
1 tsp of Paprika
1 tsp of Tumeric
1. Steam or boil your whole butternut, with skin on until soft
2. Fry your sage leaves in coconut oil until brown and set aside
3. Once your butternut is soft, blend it in a food processor with milk of choice, salt, pepper, paprika, tumeric and the burnt sage leaves until smooth. Set aside.
4. Boil your pasta according to packet directions and once cooked, drain.
5. Toss the butternut sauce through the pasta and top with some more sage leaves and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.