A tasty gluten free recipe for Mushroom and Yoghurt Fettuccine Alfredo, made with double cream yoghurt, mushrooms, chives, parsley, butter and parmesan.
This creamy mushroom fettuccine is the ideal winter comfort food. It takes less than 30 minutes to whip up and has a creamy moreish flavour. The Nutriday Double Cream Yoghurt has just the right amount of acidity too offset its creaminess, ensuring a silky smooth bowl of fettuccine, topped off with the addition of buttery browned mushrooms.
Making the Mushroom and Yoghurt Fettuccine Alfredo
The sauce for the Alfredo is held together through a combination of butter, yoghurt, hot water and parmesan. Because garlic and onion can cause gut discomfort, I have omitted from the recipe and instead used chives.
I used button mushrooms for this Alfredo, but you could go fancier and use an exotic mushroom mix.
You can also add bacon when frying the mushrooms, but then I would leave the butter out of the recipe.
I also used gluten free fettuccine, but you can use normal wheat pasta if desired.
Time for the recipe.
Enjoy making this yummy Alfredo!
Mushroom and Yoghurt Fettuccine Alfredo
- 2 tbsp butter
- Handful fresh chopped chives
- 250 g Button mushrooms
- 1 cup Nutriday Double Cream Plain
- 250 g fettuccine gluten free
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- parsley for topping
- Slice mushrooms and roughly chop chives
- Add 2tbsp butter to a pan and add chives and mushroom. Sauté until the mushrooms are soft and brown in colour (10-15 minutes)
- Add the Nutriday Double Cream Plain Yoghurt and the other 2tbsp butter. Simmer over very low heat.
- Cook the fettuccine in a large pot according to package directions. Drain, reserving a ¼ cup of the pasta water
- Add the ¼-cup pasta water to the pan with the drained pasta and toss with tongs to mix. If the pasta needs a little more creaminess, add a bit more hot water.
- Then add Parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste. You could also add chilli flakes if desired.
- Enjoy immediately with fresh parsley
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Nutriday
Next Nutriday Recipe: Coconut and Yoghurt Pancakes