Winter is coming (and Game of Thrones is finished😥) and today I’m going to show you how to make a Rooibos Chai Latte. This spiced drink is blended with frothed almond milk and takes only a few minutes to make at home.
I absolutely love chai latte’s, but whenever I want to order one I have to first check if it is the powdered version. Although delicious and super creamy, the powdered versions are usually LADEN with milk powders that cause me to bloat within a few minutes.
I’m talking about the kind of bloat that makes you like as though you may be 6 months pregnant. Not a great look. 😂
So, with my dairy sensitivities in mind, I give you my take on a chai tea.
Making the Tea
I wanted to make an at-home version so that I could control what went into it.
I also had an idea to use rooibos as the base flavour because I love red cappuccinos too – so the best of both worlds with this concoction. ☕
Once the tea and spices had brewed, I frothed up the almond milk and poured into the steaming teacups.
The froth was then decorated with some cinnamon and vanilla sugar for extra decadence.
This Rooibos Chai Latte:
- makes two big mugs of latte or three small mugs instead
- is dairy free, I used Barista Blend Almond Milk from Blue Diamond, but you could also use soy or cows milk if preferred
- Refined Sugar-free, as I sweetened with maple syrup
- Requires a frother, but if you don’t have one, warm some milk and then just whisk for a few minutes
I hope you enjoying making and drinking this delicious Rooibos Chai Latte 😍
Love & a Sprinkling of Cinnamon,
Rooibos Chai Latte
- 2 cups water
- 2 rooibos tea bags Five roses
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup almond milk Blue Diamond, Barista Blend
- 2 tsp maple syrup optional, for sweetness
- 1 tsp cinnamon or vanilla sugar optional, for dusting
- In a tea pot, combine the water, tea bags, and spices let stew for 2 minutes. Add maple syrup if you would like some sweetness.
- Carefully pour tea (you can use a strainer) and divide it equally into two big mugs or three small mugs
- Warm your milk and then use a frother stick, I frothed mine in the Nespresso frothing machine
- Top off each mug with milk. Sprinkle with cinnamon, garnish and garnish with vanilla sugar if you'd like.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag me at #LeFamishedCat @LeFamishedCat