- Happy Saturday! Today we are making gluten free, vegan Pumpkin Crumpets.
There are no shortage of recipes on the internet that use just banana and egg to make Gluten Free crumpets, but I find these recipes way to ‘bananary’ for my liking.
I had some leftover pumpkin from last nights dinner and decided to improvise and the result are these healthy Pumpkin Crumpets, which are the perfect addition to a weekend brunch.
- Gluten free
- Refined sugar free
- Vegan as I didn’t use any eggs or milk.
Please tag me if you decide to make these?
- 1 cup Gluten Free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of Gluten Free Plain flour
- 1/3 cup, cooked and mashed pumpkin (cooled)
- 1 tsp of EACH of the following, baking powder, vanilla essence, Cinnamon and Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup almond milk
1) Combine all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth.
2) Heat a pan on medium and lightly grease with a 1/2 tsp of coconut oil. Once warm, use a 1/4 measuring cup to pour the batter into even crumpets and once sides start to look firm, flip to cook the other side. Repeat until the batter is used up.
3) Serve pancakes with fresh fruit, nut butter, yogurt, maple syrup, or any toppings of choice.